Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 GRAND PRIX OF RUNNING

Hello, there! It's been a while. I've decided to start blogging here regularly again. I've missed it!

Saturday was an exciting day at our house. After twelve months, nineteen races, and lots of miles, I received the award for being the 2014 overall women's Grand Prix of Running winner in my area.

Last year, we started our first-ever grand prix of running. Points were given to the overall winners and top three in each age group. There were also a number of races that counted as "Big 10" races and an award was given to each person who completed at least ten of the Big 10 races.

On Saturday night, a banquet was held for the Grand Prix. I was excited to have my whole family there for it.



After the banquet, everyone went to our house and my sister surprised me with a chocolate chip cookie cake! It was sweet! Kevin also gave me the sweetest card which Kaden drew a picture of me and a trophy own. It melted my heart! I'm so thankful for such a supportive husband and kids who are always there waiting at the finish line and encourage me to race! That's a gift in itself!



This past year was a great year of running. I'm thrilled with the results of my races. I ran one marathon relay, three 10Ks, and fifteen 5Ks. I won all of my 10Ks, won all but one 5K (I raced one in Birmingham and finished 4th overall, first in my age group - the hills!), and my team finished second in the marathon relay.

During the year, I also crossed off three goals when I PR'd a 5K (18:56) and 10K (41:48) and broke 20 minutes in a 5K.

I'm looking forward to a great year of running in 2015!

What were the high points of your 2014 running year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on an amazing year of running!!!!!

    I think PR'ing at the NYC Half (1:54:14) was my highlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! I am glad to see a SC runner blogger! You are so fast! I'm just starting in my running journey. My goal is to get around 9:00 mile ( at 10:35 now) and run my first 5k! Keep blogging! I love seeing your races and also your workouts. Let's me know what I need to be working on.

    ReplyDelete